Skip to content

Denman Digital

Applying for a Study Permit

    A study permit is something you apply for that gives you special permission to study in Canada. If your study permit is approved, you will get a document from the department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

    Applying for a Work Permit

      If you are a refugee claimant and you are 15 years old or older, you can apply to get a work permit to work in Canada. If you want to work in Canada, you need a valid work permit. If you are under 18 years old, the application will ask for your parent or guardian to sign.

      Checking Application Processing Times

        It takes time for the government to look at immigration applications. Sometimes it takes longer than you hope. The time that it takes is always changing. Different applications take different amounts of time.

        Understanding Common Legal Words

          When you are going through refugee or immigration processes, you might hear legal words that are difficult to understand. It is important to learn what these words mean so that you understand what you need to do and what your rights are.

          Understanding Different Immigration Categories

            There are different ways that people can “get status” or stay in Canada. These are some of the categories: Refugee Claim, Humanitarian and Compassionate Application, Temporary Residence Statuses

            Bringing Your Parents and Siblings to Canada

              You might have family members outside of Canada, such as parents or siblings, who you are hoping can join you in Canada. We understand that being with family is very important!

              Applying to be a Permanent Resident of Canada

                If you get a positive decision on your refugee claim, you will be eligible to apply to be a Permanent Resident. Most importantly, you need to be a Permanent Resident before you can apply to be a Canadian citizen.

                Appealing a Negative Refugee Claim Decision

                  If you get a negative decision on your refugee claim, you might be able to an appeal to the Immigration and Refugee Board. This means that a different board member will look at your case and at the decision.