Skip to content

Resources For Refugee Children

Immigration Process

Processing Times

It takes time for the government to look at immigration applications. Sometimes it takes longer than you hope. The time that it takes is always changing. Different applications take different amounts of time.

Read More »

Study permits

A study permit is something you apply for that gives you special permission to study in Canada. If your study permit is approved, you will get a document from the department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

Read More »

Understanding legal terms

When you are going through refugee or immigration processes, you might hear legal words that are difficult to understand. It is important to learn what these words mean so that you understand what you need to do and what your rights are.

Read More »

Work permits

If you are a refugee claimant and you are 15 years old or older, you can apply to get a work permit to work in Canada. If you want to work in Canada, you need a valid work permit. If you are under 18 years old, the application will ask for your parent or guardian to sign.

Read More »